Thursday, September 20, 2007

John Grisham's 'Playing for Pizza'


John Grisham's next book 'Playing for Pizza' is being released on September 24,07. I myself am eagerly waiting for the release.

Here I am presenting some excerpts from the press release:

PLAYING FOR PIZZA is a short novel about a fallen American football star who can no longerget work in the National Football League and whose agent, as a last resort, signs a deal for him toplay for the Parma Panthers, in Parma, Italy. The quarterback’s move to a small city in a foreignland leads to a series of cultural misadventures. The idea for the novel grew out of time Grishamspent in Italy researching his last novel, The Broker, which was set in Bologna.


Here's what Grisham himself has to say:

“I was pleasantly surprised to find real American football in Italy,” says Grisham, “and as I dugdeeper a novel came together. The research was tough – food, wine, opera, football, Italian culture– but someone had to do it.”

P.S. To read an excerpt from novel click here


Playing For Pizza (Limited Edition): A Novel

1 comment:

Sun Singer said...

I've seen a lot about this book and, like you, am being tempted to read it.

Malcolm