Sunday, May 11, 2008

The very special Mother!

(courtesy SOCPA)


Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
~George Cooper

On the occasion of Mother’s Day I would like to share with you a very innocent poem written by Christina Rossetti when she was just 11 years old. This was her first poem.

MY MOTHER

To-day’s your natal day,
Sweet flowers I bring;
Mother, accept, I pray,
My offering.
And may you happy live,
And long us bless;
Receiving as you give
Great happiness.
I would like to dedicate this post to my mother to whom I owe everything I have - the be all and end all of my little world.

This heart, my own dear mother, bends,
With love's true instinct, back to thee!
~Thomas Moore

2 comments:

Jenaisle said...

I like these verses. They speak of what I feel too for my Mom. Thanks for posting.

surjit said...

A universal truth:
..'But only one mother the wide world over...
...'whom I owe everything I have - the be all and end all..'
Thanks Amrit Bir, for sharing these jewels.
God bless.