Friday, December 26, 2008

Playwright Harold Pinter dies


Nobel Laureate, playwright Harold Pinter died on Christmas eve. He was 78 and had been struggling against Liver Cancer. I especially liked the author for his marvellous 'The Birthday Party' (which I read in my post-graduation) - a drama with an underlying message that is as true today as ever. Pinter, considered an author of the Absurdian tradition, received Nobel Prize for Literature in 2005. He has many art pieces - in the field of literature, theatre, films etc. - but  he will be remembered the most for his drama 'The Birthday Party' and 'The Homecoming', both regarded as the finest by the critics.
Visit Pinter's homepage at: Harold Pinter

2 comments:

Jé Maverick said...

Vale, Mr Pinter.

Mampi said...

Too bad,
I m sad,
I was to teach Pinter in January.