Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Unexpected Always Happens!!!

It was a nice and a very thoughtful message that I got: “I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God’s hands that I still possess.”

The message has much deeper connotations than its surface meaning. We all are selfish, that is precisely why we want to restrict the thing to ourselves only by holding it tight. But this is a fact that the more we try to hold the thing, the more it runs away from us.

Moreover, we cannot control our destiny totally. Often in tricky situations, when we are not able to act or we are not in a position of finding out a solution to the problem, so we have to leave it for God to act and give the task a new direction.  The English proverb: ‘Do your best and leave the rest’ also suggests something similar. We are to leave the rest to God. The things actually don’t proceed always the way we want them to. The unexpected always happens. 

So we have to work hard and then leave it to God to do justice for us. We cannot be God ourselves. And then we will have longer lasting possessions...

2 comments:

Tomas Karkalas said...

I totally agree with you. We never loose what we place in God's hands.
My life's story too proves "The Unexpected Always Happens!!!" daily, so to speak
Thank you for the sharing these good news with us all.

Amit414@IT-BHU said...

IT reminds me of Gita in which Krishna said to Arjuna," Do ur work and forget about the fruits"

Nice post.. :)

cheers!!
http://amit414voice.blogspot.com/