Tuesday, September 08, 2009

'At Crossroads' - a poem



At crossroads I stand
every day, each moment:
the eternal problem – ‘to be or not to be’
is there for one and all.
Accepting and rejecting
the track unbeaten;
wary of all, yet, being the fearless.
Path often visited
invites one and all;
the untrodden is taken
by those desiring lonely tops;
they often end up proud
being lonely in the crowd.
I stand and stare,
stare hard at the two,
refusing to choose one;
but still cannot leave the two.
Life freezes,
but time doesn’t;
then I am led,
and now am a part of it,
a successful loser,
a part of the mob,
a part of the oft trodden.
© Amritbir Kaur

6 comments:

सुरेन्द्र "मुल्हिद" said...

another brilliant footprint from the magician of words....
this is really awesome AB ji....
keep rollin and writing...

surjit said...

Universal truth(Duvidha) presented oramentally:
...Life freezes,
but time doesn’t;
then I am led,
and now am a part of it,
a successful loser,
a part of the mob,
a part of the oft trodden...'
Another wonderful poem.Quite admirable work.
Thanks Amritbir Kaur ji for sharing.
God bless.

Amritbir Kaur said...

@Surjit ji thanks for your valuable inputs.

Luigi | Brochure Printing said...

Now, I suddenly thought of my crossroad.'To be or not to be'. I believe that the answer is really up to me. Very nice poem.

manivannan said...

Awwww....beautiful and brilliant poem.

Well done!

shri ramesh sadasivam said...

Wow! A brilliant poetical portrayal of the irony of the masses.

But I do think there are quiet a few people who walk the untrodden path, and yet remain humble and aloof in the crowd.