Saturday, November 28, 2009

'That Place' - a poem

There’s something amiss:
I don’t know where,
but the completeness is lacking…
The soul yearns, yet,
cannot be there;
that much coveted place –
a place I relinquished long ago.
And now is the nothingness
of being and existing.
If life could be relived,
if time rewinds itself,
if fate could be written afresh,
I would have achieved
of which now I am deprived.
Alas! the moving finger continues
to ink on new marks,
on the pages of my life.
And I strive and strife,
against fate:
O! to be myself,
just to be myself.



© Amritbir Kaur

3 comments:

Marja said...

Great poem Yes it is the best thing just to be yourself

Suresh K Chauhan said...

Quite a thoughful poem indeed...

Nice one

Issam said...

beautiful poem amritbir...
So true indeed. to be ourself is the best thing...
thank you for the poem