Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Last Day in my Dear Diary!


Pic src: Dear Diary

The year closes upon me. The dying year gives way to a new one. As I try to hold on to the fleeting time, I see myself assessing the past year’s importance in my life. The year was complete in itself with all ups and down, successes and failures, accomplishments and disappointments, laughter and tears. This amalgam of victory and defeat is what we call life.
I relived the whole year right from January 1, 2009 as I browsed through the pages of my diary. I second Anne Frank’s opinion here when I say that my diary has been my best friend. Whenever I want to express something my diary has been is always there with selfless friendship – no demands, no complaints. The pages of my diary feel my happiness, my pain. When the world sees my laughing face, it is my diary that says, “Now tell me the truth…” When somebody asks me, “What happened?” and I reply “Nothing”, it is my diary that knows everything behind that ‘nothing’.
A lesson of life learnt
of the things lost
of faded memories,
a story of my life
this year that was.
It was something unforgettable
this year that was!

Oscar Wilde said, “We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.” It is all in our mind how we look at life. Caught in the humdrum of life, we often grow tired of the ups and downs – broken by the indifferent and detached attitude, shattered by the disappointments we face, the pain of dreams that never materialize, hopes dashed to the ground.
But life goes on. Life is when we get back on our feet after having been razed to the ground.

11 comments:

सुरेन्द्र "मुल्हिद" said...

amazing...
how do u think so good....
you have some eternal power...for sure....

happy new year!

vishal jindal said...

hi amrit
well diaries are the bst frens! how true...wish u a very happy n prosperous new yr..

keep visiting :)

AJai said...

Happy New Year.
Have always tried keeping a diary. Never works. I know it can be great company.

All the best to u this New Year. Have a super year ahead. Take care. :)

Pri said...

well i guess this is one realisation we both share..
here's wishing 2010 proves to be a much better year for us! :)

BK Chowla said...

I have never maintained a diary,I suppose it helps but....
Happy new tear.

surjit said...

ye, I agree.you have rightly said:
...'Life is when we get back on our feet after having been razed to the ground...'
Happy New Year.

mazzie may said...

all the best on new things to write about.

Avatar said...

Nice animated picture with well written post, especially the introduction part. Happy new year. Hope you'll have the best of your life in this year. :)

Vittaldas Prabhu said...

I need to get into the habit of maintaining a diary. It is quite important to vent and no better a listener than a diary. Wish you a great year ahead.

Akashdeep Singh said...

Beautiful!
Truly, we count it in when we succeed at a certain endeavor of ours. But to be living a life is to endure all that comes along and that definitely includes all negatives as well that you mentioned.

“What happened?” and I reply “Nothing”, it is my diary that knows everything behind that ‘nothing’.

Very touching and true.
Beautiful post I am glad you shared.

Avin said...

Diaries has an unbound place in the world of literature and history.We have the freedom that we dont have at times with best of our friends.Diary helps in relieving and reliving :)