Saturday, January 23, 2021

This day, that day!


Today23 January and the day before 22 January, are the dates when I lost my maternal parents.
And today, 23 January 2021 I'll be shifting to my own independent new house - a gift from my parents. The moment I glanced at the date on my mobile screen, the memories came rushing to my mind and it became a lonely place.
I reminisced about the day she passed away; her sweet little nothings that became everything after she was gone. I still carry her with me all along each passing. I feel the tidbits of her in me; I can easily relate the things that were passed on to me through my mother; I cherish each day the valuable lessons of life I learnt from her.
The only thing missing is the warmth of her embrace! The longing desire! O to be there again!
'Bliss it was in that dawn to be alive/ but to be young was very heaven' (William Wordsworth)

About a week later after she had left us, I composed a poem dedicated to her, while standing at a traffic light.
Today I stand in 2021, and the mobile screen flashed the date - 23 January- and I was at once engulfed in a melancholic state of celebrating to a new house on this day.
But then tagging along her most cherished memories, I realized it couldn't have been on any other day; there couldn't have been a  better day. 

No comments: