Friday, June 11, 2010

A Thank You Note!



It has been three years since I started my blog ‘Literary Jewels’. For the first time I made a post on 15 May, 2007. Since then it has been a memorable journey of 295 posts till now. And I have loved writing all of them! A very important part has been the comments I received from my readers. They have given me the much needed reinforcement, motivation and inspiration to move forward. I would like to thank my readers, who have kept me going.
When I first started writing this blog and was looking for ways to promote it, I came across one suggestion that we should comment on other blogs to make our presence felt. And it was also suggested as one way of attracting comments from other readers. Now after having gained three years of experience, I have formed my own opinions. There have been people who commented only when I did that (Pardon me for saying so but that has been true in some cases and I have no ill-will against them). But more importantly I discovered that there are a few readers, who commented regularly without my doing the same on their blog. Believe me this was not a deliberate attempt to stay away from their blogs. There has been a time when I did not devote much time commenting on other blogs, even I spent very less time reading their blog posts (though I really wanted to do that but somehow couldn’t spare much time). It was during that time I noticed this thing. I am especially grateful to them, for their selfless feedback. By writing this I fear I am running the risk of losing some of my readers. But then it was a heartfelt desire to mention it here. And I would like to add again that I am grateful to all my readers. Here I must mention those readers too who do not leave behind their footprints when they visit my blog. Then there have been ones who left anonymous comments. All those readers have all contributed in their own unique way to encourage me to keep this blog running.
I am very thankful to my words...yes, my words. After all, they are not wholly my slaves; I too am equally dependant on them to express myself. I have loved my blog ever since I started it. I say this because this has been a brilliant platform for my thoughts, ideas, feelings and expressions. My words have been my best friends – without any demands, without any complaints; being something on which I could depend without any doubt.
Once again I would like to say 'Thank You' to one and all who contributed their bit...I loved my journey throughout, and hope to continue to do so!!!

6 comments:

A New Beginning said...

Congrats Amritbir, its been great reading all that youve posted ..keep at it and all the best :)

A New Beginning said...

Congrats Amritbir, its been great reading all that youve posted ..keep at it and all the best :)

A New Beginning said...

Congrats Amritbir, its been great reading all that youve posted ..keep at it and all the best :)

सुरेन्द्र "मुल्हिद" said...

congrats....
i would call it a new beginning for you from here on...

all the best!

Readers Dais said...

Hi! Amrit,

Congrats for your 295th post...so on 300 we have celebrations right?
hmmmm.....about comments i very much agree with what u say, but then those who comment only when we comment for them are not the real readers.... i feel! if i like some ones writing, then its my pleasure to read it, their comments is never a factor there ...
but then if one is very much worried about the number of comments then they do all these gimmicks, afterall even in comments....how many actually read it with their heart....who knows..
:)
nice one amrit and never new u had reached this mile stone...let god bless for more :)

Being Pramoda... said...

Hi Amritbir, its very nice and heartfelt post as you rightly said..

i could relate myself to many such situation which happened with me too...but its nice that you have expressed urself..

good experience of three yrs..hope u utilize it..

sometimes we can not visit all blogs, but people who really like to read ours will always be thr to care.. believe it and move forward..

expressing our views is imp for us..

Be happy.
Prams