Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jaipur Literature Festival 2011


I don't know how many of you must have heard about the Jaipur Literature Festival that is held every year in the month of January. And I have now how many of you must have attended that. It is being held every year since the year 2006. It is the sixth festival this time. I am looking forward to going to Jaipur to attend it for the first time in the past six years.
Though the event is termed as a Literature festival, but it is in fact, an amalgam of literature, music, culture and other arts as well. The ambience of the Diggi Palace (Jaipur), where the festival is held every year, against the backdrop of the Pink city of Jaipur is bound to have a mesmerizing effect upon me. I'll be sharing a detailed report about the event once I return on 27 January. The festival will on till 25 January after its commencement on 21 January.

For detailed information about the event visit: JAIPUR LITERATURE FESTIVAL 2011

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Amritbir Kaur,
Good Morning!
Wish you A Very Happy and Prosperous New Year!
Hope life is full of sweetness and love!
I had never heard about this literarture festival before.Wonderful!
Happy Lohri!Happy Makar Sankranti!Happy Pongal!
Wishing you an auspicious day ahead,
Sasneham,
Anu

@ngel ~ said...

I have attended it last year. The whole ambiance is superb. And specially the music programs and poetry recital was worth attending.
This year again I will be attending it. Good Luck. :)