Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Identity


pic src:I am?


Who am I?
I don’t know.
Nobody recognizes me!
An ordinary being
am I to look at,
but carry a world inside me.
With a façade of disguised feelings,
I chase a thousand desires:
may be a day’ll come
when my boat crosses the sea.
Waiting for the cherished dawn –
when I won’t be struggling at sea,
when I see the sought after shores,
when I glance around and find
I have arrived somewhere:
at a place where I can be myself,
just myself…

© Amritbir Kaur

5 comments:

A New Beginning said...

Interesting poem :)Keep Up!!

Marja said...

Fantastic poem I love it I remeber the longing from when I was young but you do arrive at the shore one day It takes time

surjit said...

Beautiful poem.Longing to be one's ownself.Far from the madding crowd
....'when I see the sought after shores,...
at a place where I can be myself,
just myself…'
Thanks for sharing another gem from your pen.
God bless.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

AJai said...

i like the topic of personal conflict. all of us have conflict inside of us. it's nice to find an outlet. i think ur poem is a very nice one indeed. :)