Monday, November 30, 2009

'Recollections' - a poem




pic src: PhotoSchool

I relishingly recollect
the much cherished moments,
those that have stayed back
those that never did backtrack;
when I only had skinned knees
when dreams were stringed to toys
when nothing in the world was bad
when all I had around were joys…
The time of innocent wisdom
and not of wise deprivation
nothing of the chains that bind
nothing of that long silence;
the time I heard myself prattle:
didn’t have to unravel my silence.
It’s that time I was reminded …
Something that’s not yet detached,
no matter how far away
a memory in mind that forever will stay.
Sitting, I travel far a mile
and I smile for a while…

© Amritbir Kaur

10 comments:

Marja said...

You have expressed in a amzing way the beauty of childhood. A pleasure to read I also smile for a while

सुरेन्द्र "मुल्हिद" said...

and i smile for a while...
that smile brings the happiness pile...
keep smiling that's all i say...
sorrows wud run out of ur way...

again a brilliant composition from your magical pen...

KParthasarathi said...

A beautiful poem that everyone will rekate to.it is written very well

Dimps said...

Hello,

Nice creation...
Good memories of those grt days!

Regards,
Dimple
http://poemshub.blogspot.com

Heavenly Muse said...

while reading this poem i feel as if dealing with true happiness....rather perfect one..

Being Pramoda... said...

heyyyy...lovelyy one..Keep writing..;)

Have a nice time..

DEEPENDRA said...

amazing write! you have nicely expressed your feelings... the end says it all;

Sitting, I travel far a mile
and I smile for a while…

it's indeed pleasure to read you.

Vittaldas Prabhu said...

Childhood is so precious. These moments keep coming back to us in our times of quiet retrospection. It is a heart warming experience too to be reminded of those fun filled days. Very nicely portrayed here.

sonakshi said...

goosebumps....that was d vry first expression...seriously...u r awesome...
sonakshi~

sonakshi said...

goosebumps...that was my frst reaction..srsly....u r awesome..

sonakshi`